PC PLUS™ "Activia Challenge" ("CONTEST")
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES ("OFFICIAL RULES")
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY . The Activia Challenge Contest is sponsored by Loblaws Inc. (the "Sponsor") and administered by Promotion Solutions Inc. (the "Contest Administrator") and the prize(s) are provided by Danone (collectively "Prize Providers").
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest starts at 6:00:00 AM ET on October 5th and closes on November 4th at 11:59:59 PM ET. All times are Eastern Time ("ET").
3. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter and win this Contest, you must be a legal resident Canadian; of the age of majority or older, in your province or territory of residence, at the time of entry; be a registered PC Plus™ member prior to end of Contest Closing Date and you must provide the same email address used to register as a PC Plus™ member as it will be used to identify your entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and those of the Contest Administrator and Prize Providers, and the immediate family and household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest and any failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification at the Sponsor's sole discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter this Contest:
(a) With Purchase: Swipe your PC Plus™ card or scan the PC Plus™ app card during each transaction that includes the purchase of any one (1) participating Activia product†† (as defined below) at a participating store during the Contest Period to automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) entry per person per product during the Contest Period.
Your email address will be used to identify you as a PC Plus™ member. In order to be eligible for the 4 Million PC® points Grand Prize, you must provide the e-mail address that you used when you registered as a PC Plus™ member if you are selected as the potential winner.
(b) Without Purchase: By mail, clearly print your name, email address, PC Plus™ card number, the name of your preferred grocery retail store (each a "Banner" see list of Banners in section 5 below) your age at time of entry on a plain piece of paper, your province/territory of residence and the words Activia Challenge on a plain 3"x 5" piece of paper and mailing it in a sealed, stamped and hand printed #10 envelope to Activia Challenge Contest, Dept. 3628, Box 9500 Lakeshore West PO, Oakville, ON, L6K 0G4. Your preferred Banner must be clearly marked on the bottom right hand corner of the envelope. Your email address will be used in addition to your card number to identify you as a PC Plus™ member and allocate your entry. The name of your preferred Banner and province/territory will be used to determine which prize you are eligible for. All mail-in entries must be postmarked on or before the Contest Closing Date. Each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate envelope, bearing sufficient postage. Entry must be submitted in English or French. Computer generated or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Limit of one (1) entry per person per day and per e-mail address during the Contest Period.
(c) All entries, become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Grand Prize.
Time keeping for this contest shall be determined solely by the Contest Administrator's server clock. Any discrepancy between the time or time remaining in the Contest Period as stated on the Website or in any promotional materials thereof and the time or time remaining as determined by the Contest Administrator, the Contest Administrator's server clock shall prevail.
Entries received regardless of method of entry shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the PC Plus™ membership number provided or scanned. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
5. PRIZES. Grand Prizes. There are Four (4) grand prizes (each a "Grand Prize" or collectively "Grand Prizes") available to be won by the Grand Prize winners ("Grand Prize Winners" each a "Winner") consisting of four (4) million PC Plus™ points with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of: four (4) Thousand ($4,000CAD) for an aggregate total ARV of sixteen (16) Thousand ($16,000 CAD).
There will be Four (4) Grand Prizes allocated to each "Banner", regionally weighted, as follows:
2) WEST (BC, AB, SK, MB, NT)
4) ATLANTIC (NB, NS, PE, NL)
Grand Prizes are hereafter collectively referred to as "Prize" or "Prizes". Grand Prize Winners are hereafter collectively referred to as a "Winner" or "Winners".
Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any. Minimum points required for redemption is 20,000 and all points are subject to the terms and conditions of the PC Plus™ program.
Winners should allow four to six (4-6) weeks from Contest Administrator's receipt of the executed Declaration and Release to form for their Prize to be credited to their PC Plus™ account.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event a Prize (or any component thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure or production exigencies), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute for another prize (or any component thereof) of equal or greater value, without liability. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and shall have no cash value.
6. WINNER SELECTION. On November 18th at 10:00:00 AM ET, Sponsor at its offices located at 1 President's Choice Circle, Brampton, ON L6Y 5S5, shall select four (4) entrants, one (1) for each Region/Banner, by way of random computer generated draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each selected entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question and to sign and return the Declaration and Release (as defined below) to comply with these Official Rules. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, provide an alternative to the mathematic skill-testing question or vary the requirements to perform any skill-testing component of the Contest to accommodate entrants with physical or cognitive disabilities.
EACH SELECTED ENTRANT WILL BE NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL TO THE ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ENTRANT'S PC PLUS™ ACCOUNT NO LATER THAN DATE November 25th AT 12:00 PM ET AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS OF SUCH NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must reply as instructed, to the email provided in the notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she fails to comply with the terms of these official Contest Rules or voluntarily withdraws from the Contest or fails to claim their prize he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsor's sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein and all the prizes are awarded. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant's response.
In the event of an error in the entry or drawing process, or any other aspect of the Contest, that results in more selected entrants than contemplated in these Official Rules, the Sponsor will conduct a random draw amongst all eligible selected entrants, to award the correct number of Prizes, after the close of the Contest Period.
7. DECLARATION & RELEASE. Winners will be required to execute a legal declaration and release agreement ("Release") that confirms the Winner's: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsor, Contest Administrator and Prize Providers and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor's discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner's name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within three (3) business days from the date indicated on the email notification or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Official Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, application, telephone, cellular phone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website or mobile application users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, mobile applications on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, point of sale systems, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or cellular phone or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials or applications in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to postal strike, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, lack of participation, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the PC Plus™ program.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted on the Contest Website and made available at participating stores throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website or the Contest App; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Loblaws Inc. property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE, CONTEST APPLICATION OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. TERMINATION. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. LAW. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
15. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations displayed are owned by their respective owners. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
16. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
17. Danone: Danone are the Prize Providers only and is not a sponsor, nor otherwise affiliated with this Contest. Danone are not responsible for the Contest rules, administration, collection of entries, conduct of the draw or awarding of any prize.
†NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest Sponsor is Loblaws Inc. Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada over the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions. Contest starts at 6:00AM ET on October 5th and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on November 4th. Contest draw date is November 18th at 10:00 AM ET. Enter the contest by mail or by purchasing any (1) participating Activia® product and swiping your PC Plus® card or scanning your PC Plus® app during that transaction at a participating store to be automatically entered for your chance to win. One (1) entry per participating PRODUCT purchased. You must be a registered PC Plus® member before midnight on November 4th to qualify. Selected entrants must answer a mathematical skill-testing question correctly and otherwise fully comply with the Official Rules to be declared a winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received in each participating Banner of stores. There are four (4) Grand Prizes to be won each consisting of four (4) million PC® points, one (1) Grand Prize is allocated to each of the following region: (1) Ontario; (2) West (BC, AB, SK, NT, MB); (3) Quebec; (4) Atlantic (NL, NS, NB, PE). Total ARV: $16,000 CAD. Conditions/restrictions apply. For full contest rules visit www.pcplus.ca/contest. Danone is funding the prize only, and is not a sponsor, nor otherwise affiliated with this Contest.
†† Participating Products: Danone Activia®, Activia® Fat Free, Activia® Greek, Activia® Drinkable or Activia® Lactose Free (Any flavour/variety/size)
® / ™ The Trademarks and logos displayed are trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.